Southwest Public Health District has announced it will offer specimen collection for COVID-19 testing in Grady and three other counties this weekend. This free service is available by appointment only.
Individuals who want to be tested can contact the call center at (229) 352-6567 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday to determine if they are eligible for an appointment.
Those eligible for testing include:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19
- Adults age 60 or older
- Caregiver for elderly (age 60 or older)
- Caregiver for immune compromised person
- First responder who is critical to the epidemic response
- Healthcare worker
- Patient with serious chronic medical condition such as heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease
- Immune compromised patients
- Anyone who works or lives in congregate setting
- Employees who need testing to return to work
The other three counties included in the weekend testing schedule are Thomas, Decatur and Dougherty.
Specimen collection will be done 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday in Grady, Thomas and Dougherty counties, said Dr. Charles Ruis, District Health Director for Southwest Public Health District 8-2. Testing in Decatur County will take place on Sunday, 9 a.m. until noon.
Beginning Monday, the weekday schedule will resume with collections done 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, in Dougherty, Thomas, and Mitchell counties.