If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Got scrap tires in need of disposal and you want to do it legally and properly? Then make plans to participate in Grady County’s Scrap Tire Amnesty Day this Saturday, Dec. 14.
Between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., local residents can drop off tires at the Grady County Road Department, 1978 North Broad St.
A number of rules have been established and will be enforced:
• Limit of 10 tires per address for tires under 22 inches, no limit for tires 22 inches and over
• Must present proof of being a resident of Grady County, Ga. Residents of Cairo and Whigham are invited to participate.
• No tires from scrap tire businesses will be accepted.
• Tires with rims attached will not be accepted.
• No tires with metal protruding will be accepted.
• The county reserves the right to refuse scrap tires for any reason.
The county has hosted similar events for the last several years and they have proven to be very popular with local residents. County officials encourage the community’s participation.
“This is a good way to properly dispose of scrap tires and best of all it’s free,” said Grady County Administrator J.C. (Buddy) Johnson III.
For more information, contact the county by calling (229) 377-1512.