Family, friends and loyal customers browsed the merchandise and enjoyed refreshments provided by owners and operators, Sheridan and Billy Harrell.
In addition to cut flower arrangements and an assortment of plants, the full-service flower shop offers a wide assortment of fine china, crystal, flatware, linens, Madame Alexander dolls, candles, potpourri and miscellaneous gifts.
The Harrell’s opened the flower shop in 1990 and operated the business at their farm in the country until moving the operation to its present location at 164 East Broad Avenue in downtown Whigham.
For more information about the store and its services call 762-4727.
The house that is home to the new floral business was a gift to the Harrell’s from Bert and Mary Wright, and built in early to mid 1950’s by skilled carpenters Joe Ulmer and Hollis Chason. The ranch style construction was new to Whigham and created a lot of interest among the townspeople during its construction.
When Mrs. Harrell is not busy in her flower shop she finds time to provide community news of Whigham in her weekly column, “The Whigham Corner,” published weekly in The Cairo Messenger. For the past five years Mrs. Harrell has been providing news highlights to the Whigham community in her news column.